How to Enter
The competition is open 1st-31st October, and anyone over the age of 18 can enter! Post a video showing your ‘Smooth Moves’ to your Instagram account with hashtag #movetosmooth, and tag @triabeautyuk @LifetimeTelly.
The video must not be more than 60 seconds long, and entries will be judged by a panel of Tria Beauty judges.
The Fabulous Prizes
One winner will receive:
– 20 hours of dance lessons for 2 adults
– A dinner/dance evening at a top SOHO club
– Travel and hotel accommodation
-Ten runner up prizes of Tria products including devices and skincare
Who is Tria?
To produce the best and most cost effective laser devices for ‘at-home’ use.
Tria Beauty is devoted to helping women around the world to look good, feel beautiful and take control of permanent hair removal, antiaging or acne prevention.
Our Brand Promise
We are professional and friendly and understand the customer’s perspective. We aim to offer the best for our customers in terms of quality, results and they way in which our brand meets their needs.
Our Core Values
DELIVER an amazing service
TAKE OWNERSHIP in everything we do
EMBRACE creativity and innovation
COMMIT to continuous customer service
RESPECT our customers, partners, stakeholders and employees
Our Positioning Statement
Our aim is to revolutionize skincare for women between the ages of 16 – 44 years with proven, proprietary technology platforms, which are affordable and backed by top dermatologists for use in the comfort of your own home
How to use Tria
Hair Removal Laser 4X
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X on my face?
A: Yes, the Tria Laser 4X can be used on women's facial hair (cheek line downward). Men should not use it on their face due to the density of facial hair.
Q: How long does a battery charge last?
A: Each battery charge on the Tria Laser 4X lasts approximately 30 minutes. This battery life allows users to stay focused and conscious of overlapping during treatment. As a guide, a single battery charge is enough to treat a larger area, such as the lower leg, or multiple small areas, such as the upper lip and underarms.
Q: Is my hair color suitable for using the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X?
A: The Hair Removal Laser 4X is designed to work on naturally light brown to black body hair. This is because the Hair Removal Laser 4X works with the dark pigment in the hair, lighter hair colours such as white, blonde, red, or grey will not absorb enough of the laser's energy to disable the hair follicle.
Note: hair colour in one area can be darker or lighter than hair colour in another area, so check the hair in the area you wish treat.
Q: Why do I have to shave?
A: We recommend that you prepare your skin before each Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X treatment for best results.
Cleanse the treatment area thoroughly, removing all cosmetics, lotions, and creams from the area you wish to treat. (This will allow the laser treatment to easily penetrate the skin.)
Shave the treatment area thoroughly using a razor. This allows the laser treatment to be most effective because the laser works on the hair inside the follicle, under the surface of the skin. Wipe your skin with a cool, damp cloth to remove any shaving cream or soap, and then dry the area well.
Please note: Waxing and plucking are not advisable any time between treatments because both remove hair from the follicle. The hair inside the follicle needs to be present for the Hair Removal Laser 4X treatments to be effective.
Q: Can I use my Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X more often than every 2 weeks?
A: We recommend treating every 2 weeks for best results. This treatment protocol is optimal to target the hair follicle at the proper stage of its growth cycle. For permanent results, treat the area once every 2 weeks for at least 3 months, or until desired result has been reached.
Wheeland, MD, FACP, Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 2007. Individual results may vary.
Q: How long does it take before I start seeing results?
A: After your first treatment:
On occasion, some users experience mild redness that quickly dissipates within 24 hours.
After your first month:
Clinical studies have shown up to 70% reduction after just two treatments.
After 2-3 months of treatment:
Hair re-growth will begin to appear lighter and finer.
You will begin to see a visible reduction in the amount of re-growth, especially in areas where hair growth tends to be dense.
After 3 months of treatment:
Hair follicles that have been deactivated by the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X will no longer grow hair. Continue to use the Tria Laser 4X as necessary for touch ups until your skin is smooth and you're free of the endless hassles of shaving and waxing.
Wheeland, MD, FACP, Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, 2007.
Q: How do I unlock my Tria Laser 4X?
A: Here's how to unlock the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X:
1. Unplug the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X from the battery charger.
2. Hold the device and press the power button to turn it on. The display window will show that it is locked.
3. The red light on the bottom of the device is the skin sensor. Hold it on the area you wish to treat to check your skin tone. The skin sensor will automatically sense and check your skin.
If it's suited for your skin tone in the area you want to treat, the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X will emit a ready tone and the lock indicator in the display window will disappear.
If the lock is still visible on the display window and you do not hear a series of beeps, then the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X may not be suitable for your skin tone in that area. Verify that your skin tone in the area you wish to treat
matches the intended tone on the Skin Tone + Hair Colour Chart detailed in the Instructions for Use manual. You may be using the skin sensor incorrectly and need to try again. To try again, lift the skin sensor from your skin and
follow the previous two steps. If you are still unable to unlock the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X, contact Customer Care at 0800 0484 322
Note: When the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is not in use for approximately 3 minutes, the device will automatically turn off.
Q: Can I share my Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X?
A: No. The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X is designed for personal use only. Sharing the device is not recommended for personal hygiene reasons.
Q: Can I use the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X on genitals?
A: No. Do not use the Hair Removal Laser 4X on genitals. These areas may have more sensitive skin, a darker skin tone and/or a greater hair density. Using the Hair Removal Laser 4X in these areas may cause serious skin injury. You may use the Hair Removal Laser 4X on your bikini line, which is the pubic hair visible beyond the boundaries of a swimsuit.
Q: Can I use the Hair Removal Laser 4X on tattoos?
A: No. Do not use Tria Laser 4X on parts of your skin that are darker than your usual skin tone: tattoos, dark brown or black spots (such as large freckles, birthmarks or moles). Dark skin may absorb too much laser light, which can injure the skin.
Q: Can my teenage daughter use the Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X?
A: The Tria Laser 4X should not be used by or on anyone under the age of 18. The use of the Hair Removal Laser 4X on or by children has not been studied and could result in serious injury
At- home hair removal landscape
|Permanent Technologies||About/ Trends||Pros||At-Home Option|
|Laser Hair Removal (LHR)||
- Emits light of a specific wavelength to target melanin and heat the follicle to disable it from regrowth
- Considered to be the most efficient and precise permanent option because the specific wavelength is optimised
- Requires advance technology to maintain specific wavelength, therefore more expensive
- Diode laser, a type of LHR, is considered to be the best laser
- Only suitable for those with lighter skin/ darker hair
- Most efficient and precise treatment
- Fewer treatments vs. other options
- Targets only the hair follicle, not the surrounding skin
- The only US FDA- cleared hair removal laser available for at- home use
- Clinically proven for permanent results
- For use on face and body
- Features built - in skin sensor to automatically detect whether skin tone is safe to treat
- Offers treatment levels for maximised customisation
- Brand: Tria Hair Removal Lasers
|Intense Pulse Light (IPL)||
- Less effective than Laser Hair Removal because the energy is produced by a lamp, and produces a variety of light waves
- Emits light across a wavelength range to target melanin and heat the follicle to disable it from regrowth
- Range is more diffused and less powerful with cheaper technology, which allows for larger treatment window and faster treatment time (per treatment)
- Only suitable for those with lighter skin and darker hair
|- Faster treatment time, about 1/3 of laser, but more treatments are needed to see results||
SILK'N' FLASH N' GO
- Less targeted treatment than Laser Hair Removal
- More treatments required to see results Vs. Laser Hair Removal
- May require ongoing purchases of cartridges
- Not US FDA- cleared (Phillips Lumea)
- Brands: Silk'n Flash'n Go
- Device with rotating head of mini tweezers that remove hair as you roll it across the skin
- Consumer interest slowly declining
- Longer lasting results
- Cost- effective
- Hair is removed at the root and regrown hair is finer
- No chemicals
|- Can be painful|
|Radio Frequences (RF)||
-Uses RF to heat treatment area, along with the lower IPL level to heat the follicle to disable growth
- Clinical results point to longer term hair removal, but not permanent; IPL level is too low to deliver permanent results
- Brand: Homedics MeMyElos
|- Can be used on all skin types with the exception of tanned skin||
- Can only be used on the body
- £450+ ongoing purchase of £39.99 cartridges
- Not for use on tanned skin, which could cause temporary or permanent skin discolouration
- Corded and requires two hands to maneuver
- Can safely be used on all skin types and hair colours because it is not targeting melanin like lasers and IPL- no permanent hair removal
- Brand: no!no!
|- Can be used on all skin types||
- Not US FDA- Cleared
- Not permanent