Teresa Giudice is the most polarising figure on The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Her intellect (or lack thereof) and her ability to fly into a blind rage at the drop of a hat have made her a favourite among the show's fans. Here are some tidbits about the original Jersey girl:
1. Teresa was born in 1972. She was raised in New Jersey by her parents, who were born in Italy. Teresa is seven years older than her brother, Joe Gorga. She was close with her sister Kathy when she was growing up, while Joe had a better relationship with Kathy's sister, Rosie.
2. She married Joe Giudice in 2000. Joe had been a close family friend since the pair were children. Joe was born in Italy, meaning that he is an immigrant in the US.
3. Teresa has a niece and two nephews through her brother: Antonia, Gino, and Joey. During the years-long conflict with her brother and sister-in-law, Teresa repeatedly mentioned that she wanted the children to maintain relationships with one another.
4. The couple have four daughters: Gia, Gabriella, Milania, and Audriana. Audriana's birth was part of Teresa's storyline in the second season of the series. Milania has become the breakout star of Real Housewives of New Jersey, with her flippant attitude to Teresa's rules becoming a source of hilarity for many viewers.
5. Teresa got breast implants in 2009. She was originally ambivalent about having the surgery, as she stated that Joe is “more of an ass guy.”
6. She commands the highest salary of the New Jersey Housewives, with an estimated payday of $700,000 coming her way for the current season. Her salary seems even bigger when compared to the amount earned by the new wives: Amber, Teresa A, and Nicole are only raking in $60,000 each for the debut season.
7. It seems as if Teresa desperately needs the money she earns from the show, as her net worth is listed at $-11 million. This is largely due to the bankruptcy proceedings and other legal matters that have affected her income.
8. In order to settle their debts, Teresa and Joe are placing their house on the market. The house has played an important role in the series. In the first season, the family were building their dream house, which they moved in to the following year. Teresa's infamous country club fight with Danielle Staub was caused after Danielle stated that Teresa's house was in foreclosure.
9. Teresa has written four books: Skinny Italian, Fabulicious, Fabulicious: Fast and Fit, and Fabulicious: On The Grill. Each focuses on Italian cooking, which is Teresa's speciality. The books themselves have caused a number of controversies on the show in recent years; particularly with Caroline and Kathy. In what will be a disappointment to Tre, book sales have dwindled in recent years. This can partially be blamed on the negative press attention the Giudice's have received in the wake of their court case.
10. There are a range of other products available in the Giudice range. Teresa has her own alcoholic drink–Fabellini is a flavoured sparking wine. She also has a haircare line, named after her daughter Milania, as well as a line of desserts that include Teresa's favourite Italian sprinkle cookies.